Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 6: First Day of Classes and small walking tour on my own

First day of classes was pretty interesting. Apparently our class is a little bit less marketing and a bit more sales oriented, but our teacher is relaxed and cool. We are learning about how the consumer things, how to get in sync with the consumer, understand them and sell to them better. It is really interesting, but a lot to take in at the same time. After class today I was on my own because everyone else had the Shakespeare Class, so I went on my own little walking tour.




My book provided me with a walking tour through "the city" and took me from Trafalgar square to Tower Bridge. The first photo is from me in I forget exactly where, but it is in my book :) It took me all along this street called the strand and along there was Twinings Tea company. They have been there since 1706 and I was allowed to go in back and have a complementary cup of tea. I tried the pomegranate white tea, it was pretty good but I wound up getting a multi-pack with different types in there like english breakfast, early grey and 3 others.








Another place it took me to along my journey was Ye Old Cheshire Cheese. I did not go in to eat but it looked pretty interesting. I have been craving cheese lately so maybe they have some good stuff inside ;)














On down the road through the strand that turned into Fleet street was St. Patricks Cathedral. Very beautiful and so large it was hard to get a picture of it all. I did not go in to save time for the day but the outside was simply breathtaking in itself.







After going to many different places including churches, narrow laned side streets, shakespeare's London, the monument, the place where 9 streets come together and Tower Bridge I called it quits for the day. I came back to the flat and on the way got myself a little cookie from Ben's and it was to die for!!!
Later on in the evening Megan and I went for a walk through Hyde Park and all the way up to where my family will be staying when they get here and then went back through the park, past the lake, to Dianas monument and back to the flat. We did not realize it but we had been gone for about 1 1/2 hours and were exhausted and hungry... Late Dinner time!

No comments:

Post a Comment