Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 15: Ballymun Regeneration, Irish language practice, St. Patricks Cathedral, Guinness and live music


Good Morning to you,
Well it is practically morning here! Today started out with our mobile seminar going up to see Ballymun and what is doing to fix up the area. The area is known for ghetto-ized housing, tall apartment style buildings leading to drug dealing, not safe havens for kids and families, and really just dragging down the area. After an outcry for help, people finally came in to handle the situation, create better housing, more accomodations for the people, social housing, grocery stores, community centers, shopping centers, and safe playgrounds and fields for kids to play. It was good to see something like that being done to revive an area.
After that there was our Irish Language lesson in class with our professor Donal Casey! It was a lot of fun getting to learn how to say hello, Samantha is my name, what is your name, how are you, I am fine and stuff. I will give you guys a little Irish lesson on another day though!
After class, on our walk to Guinness, we stopped at St. Patricks Cathedral. This was me standing in front of it. Very pretty.


Finally made it to the Guinness Storehouse! Phew! now it was time to get inside and start our tour


Of course we chose the option to pour our own pint, and head up to the gravity bar later. I mean, you get your own certificate and everything!


You can see in my face a little anger here. and if you can't there was. After pouring the PERFECT pint and placing it in a location where I knew where it was, I was just heading around the bar to go and pick it up to take my first sip... DUN DUN DUNNNN.. some JERK stole MY perfectly poured pint and left me with their shitty one (excuse my french) they were a very sloppy pourer whoever it was. But, I was not going to let that rouin my perfect first pint of Guinness


When Rachel was trying to take a picture, the flash wasn't going off and I wound up taking too big a gulp cuz it took so long. Woops! Overall the day was really fun and later on I got to relax and listen to some live music at a pub after eating food from the best chippery, right behind our apartment! Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment