Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day 17: Wicklow and Glendalough


Soo like I said yesterday, Saturday was a tour to Wicklow and Glendalough (pronunced glen-da-lock) The wicklow mountains were absolutely gorgeous! This view specifically to the left, is a site from the movie P.S. I love you. It was where they first meet in the movie. So I had to get a picture of me there. The mountains like a said were very pretty and the roads in the mountains were not really meant for big busses, but hey, we made it work!

This was my lunch at the pub we stopped at right before hitting Glendalough (which means the valley between two lakes) It was so yummy! You got up and served yourself and I had chips, ham with brown gravy, peas, carrots and a roll! de-licious!

This next picture was when we made it to Glendalough! We found the lower and upper lakes, but also decided to try and find the waterfall that was supposed to be there. Needless to say we had to climb up a pretty big side of a mountain that was much steeper than we imagined (and we only had an hour and a half to do EVERYTHING there) and we were trying to make it up the fast and were just so relieved to have made it. It was really pretty though!!

This is from the Monastic Village in Glendalough. Sorry these ones are sideways I forgot to flip them before I uploaded, woops! We didn't get to spend a lot of time here. We got there with ten minutes before we had to get on the bus, but we at least wanted to see it and try to get some pictures. It was really beautiful. THere are lots of these round towers built at monestaries all over the place in Ireland. It was really tall and there were other ruins of the other buildings. Very neat to see

This last one is from a villiage that we stopped off at where they make their scarves and blankets from machines like this every day. It was really cool. I go a video of the guy working on the machine and I don't know if I can upload it but I will try to do that for you guys. There was this one really beautiful blanket I wanted to get but it was 97 euro, so I thought that a scarf would be more reasonable :)

No comments:

Post a Comment