Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 32: The Gaol, Queen of Tarts and Souvenir Shopping


Hey Hey. So this is going to be a quick one, but I wanted to let you guys see what I was up to this past sunday. Megan and I took the time to go to Kilmainham Gaol. This is a historical jail from the 1700's in Ireland. It is known for its political position in the history of Ireland. There are many people staying here that were rebels in the 1916 rising and many other famous people.

These are both pictures of the Jail cell doors and a look inside the cell. Megan actually has a picture of me from one of the newer cells, but I don't have that one. The Gaol is now used for concerts and other such things because the acoustics in one of the cell halls is excellent

This is the picture of Megan looking sad stuck in her cell. Just kidding, but we both did pretend to look sad.





This is the newer section of the Gaol. This is the section where they have the concerts now





We saw this guy after we went back to Guinness to pick up some more souvenirs for friends and family.
The rest of our day we spent out and about going to Queen of Tarts, a really delicious tart place and getting more souvenirs. But, unfortunately at Queen of Tarts my apple crumble had a piece of hair in it :( So I had to give it back and I got the pear, chocolate and almond tart. It was not as good but hey, I got the one and a half desserts for free!
It was an interesting day. Quite relaxing getting to shop for all you lovelies back home! Miss you and Love you

No comments:

Post a Comment