Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 21: Second full day in Bantry, and our last full day as well

Hey, So just a quick comment to all of you. I know you are reading because people tell me you are and everyone enjoys it, but no comments. It makes me sad. After all my hard work of writing to you guys so you can enjoy knowing what is going on here with me and what adventures I am doing, while at the same time I am writing as a memory for myself... I get no comments. It is like I am speaking to myself, very sad. So just saying... fell FREE to write comments all over the place and tell me what you think or maybe more of what you want to know. Send me on missions to find out cool information while I am over here. You guys are all as much a part of my journey to Ireland, and eventually to london, as I am. I understand if you have no comments, but if you do I am just saying feel free. Love you all !!!

Today is Wednesday and bot does the time fly, only two and a half weeks left until my time is up in Ireland. How sad that makes me because time seems to be flashing by and I feel there is so much more to be done and seen here. Today we got another lovely breakfast in the hotel and has a class in the hotel about the conflict between Norther Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. I of course, had no idea there was any conflict before I got to Ireland. I thought Ireland was all one happy place where the grass was green, sheeps and cows grazed, the accents made me giggle, and they had their own language that intrigues me because my ancestors were once from here. But sadly, Ireland is not always a happy place with conflict between Catholics and Protestants, Unionists and Loyalists against Nationalists and Republicans (not in the sense it is used today exactly). But yeah, the whole conflict is a bit confusing so I am not going to go into that.

After class, I took some time to wander about the small town of Bantry by myself and found myself wandering to a couple beautiful shoe stores. There I found a very cute pair of heels, but sadly they were about 200 Euro! Wowie, so I skipped out on those and instead got myself a little journal and two second hand books for pretty cheap to keep myself busy. I am looking around to find souvenirs for everyone, but I have no idea what to get you all. So if you have any requests or things that you think would be cool. Let me know. There all things from Guinness that I can get, shotglasses of course, key chains with actual four leaf clovers in them, all sorts of things. So please let me know and give me ideas. I NEED HELP! (also there are the Claddagh rings and other such fun gifts) but yeah.

So today was not really too exciting. We did go out to a delicious dinner at Brick Oven and I got some really good seafood chowder as well as a chicken quesadilla, you have no idea how much I miss some good mexican and bar-b-que! After that, came back and let the food settle a bit and I just got back from going to the hot tub and the steam room to relax a little. So it will be adding some finishing touches to my next paper and starting the fourth one. One closer to being done! Love you all and miss you very much. Tomorrow we will be off to Blarney Castle and the Blarney stone as well as off to stay the night in Killarney!

xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment