Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 18: Buckingham Palace, the eye and st. James Park

Monday was another absolutely fantastic day. We bought tickets to go to Buckingham Palace and see the rooms inside that only get opened for about two months out of the year. I know that this time of the year she is on holiday.. where exactly I am not sure. But the inside of it was absolutely stunning. The rooms were just amazingly decorated and we got to walk where the other royal people who are invited to her parties walk and see where the carriages line up after dropping people off. So fascinating, unfortunately there are no pictures allowed.
But I guess that may be a good thing so I do not destroy all the surprises that my family is going to see. We were finally allowed to take pictures at the end of our tour outside where the lovely cafe was located. I convinced everyone that it was a good idea to go get some really good snacks from there. I got profiteroles and a latte and some of the other girls got strawberries with cream, strawberry cake stuff and other yummy goodies. The outside of Buckingham was definitely amazing. It was so cool to think of tea parties being hosted out there and getting to sit there looking out onto the beautiful gardens and everything. I would want to live there and have a house like that. It was sooo beautiful and puts me in such a good mood when I think of it. I cannot wait to go back with my family :):):) times one thousand!
Also that day, after Buckingham, it was such a gorgeous day out we decided it would be perfect for the London Eye. We bought our tickets and then got in line. It was so nice getting to go up there and see the whole city. You can get some really beautiful shots from up there. This one is just of the inside of the carriage letting you see the whole eye bubble that you are in. It is nice because it has seats in the middle, is air conditioned and you can see everything!

This is just a view of me inside the eye looking out onto big ben and westminster parliament. Nice shot huh! Love it








After the eye, it was still such a nice day out that Rachel, Megan and I did not want to go home just yet. So we went to St. James Park that is right near there and near Buckingham. It was just a nice little park to sit and rest in, thinking back onto all the fun adventures we had during the day. Great way to end a fantastic day. I think this was one of my most favorite days and wish I could do it all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment