Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day 16 and 17: Portobello Market, the Proms, Wimbledon, and Hampstead Heath

The weekend started off with a nice long market called Portobello Road Market. It was so insanely busy for such a small area. Imagine just a skinny one way road with HUNDREDS of people on it. Because that is what the market was. It was pretty cool, don't get me wrong, but just super busy and all squished in small areas. The market starts off with antiques then moves into food and fruits and veggies, then moves into clothes and other random things. It was pretty awesome. There was a guy there that makes super delicious trail mix for relatively cheap compared to grocery stores so I made sure to get some of that as well as some peanut butter chicken with rice for lunch. It may sound gross but it is really really good, a bit spicy too.
On our way back from the market to drop our purchases off at the apartment we saw this awesome car. We walk by the area it was in almost every day, but have never actually seen the car. It was great and promoting green something. I am not sure, but it was funny!




That night we decided we did not want to stay in the apartment so we went to go see the BBC Proms at Royal Albert Hall. Lucky for us it is only a short walk away. So we lined up about an hour or so early and got out 5pound ticket and got a seat on the floor right in front. Unfortunately for the cheaper seats you do have to stand, but it was not too bad. We all loved the first and third song, but the second that night was not our favorite and it seemed like it was never going to end!! Doesn't that always happen?

The next day Megan and I went to go to Wimbeldon!!!! I am not the biggest tennis fan out there, even though mollee and I used to try and play all the time at waterford beach, but Wimbeldon was so awesome. We got to see the famous courts, lawns, the entrance for the tennis stars and for the members of the club. It was pretty great. I got myself my own Wimbeldon sweat towel :) nice huh. I figured I would get more use out of it when I work out that I would a t-shirt.






The last thing we did on Sunday was go to Hampstead Heath. This is just an area farther up than Camden and it has a really nice park there where you can actually go swimming in the ponds. They have some dedicated to women, men, both and fish. The womens side was really strict that it was women only, so I was a bit nervous as to what this mean. Then we get to the lawn and it says no nude sunbathing, so I was like Phew! BUTTT then we turn to actually go in and there are more boobs that I can imagine. Yes, I saw my fair share of boobs that day. So i misunderstood that nudity apparently does not count boobs... who woulda known. But it was alright there were some ppl there with their whole bathing suits on. I did not go swimming but one of the other girls Rachel did and she said it was really nice. Unfortunately the sun did not stay out as long as we would have liked, but it was still a lot of fun!

1 comment:

  1. Are you going to take mom & grandma there when they come? LOL

    ReplyDelete