Saturday, June 19, 2010

First Real Day

Hey everyone!

WARNING (not all of these pictures were from this day some are from day three was well, I just messed up! )

So it was my first real day here yesterday, it is Saturday morning now, and it was busy but a lot of fun. Yesterday we had orientation all day pretty much but had some time to search around during lunch and after dinner. So I met lots of ppl yesterday that are going to be around to help us out between the study abroad coordinator in Dublin, Elizabeth, to the guy that can help us do pretty much everything that we want, Tony, the IT guys including Eddy and lots of other people!


during a break we got to go to one of the great coffee and tea places because as you could imagine we were all practically falling asleep before lunchtime and I got the most beautiful latte, I will put up a picture! Another girls was a Swan! What a piece of art.








Then there was more lecturing and then it was lunchtime! We got to walk around and see what there was near us and we decided to go to Peters Pub and pick up something cheap. I got this tuna and mayo sandwich on brown bread that was delicious. Oh and I forgot to mention the crisps over here (aka chips) are sooo different, mine were malt vinegar and sea salt I believe or they have onion and cheese. De-licious! Then there was more talking and orientation stuff, booked our flights over to London and went out to a lovely dinner at Odessa.


Odessa I got some awesome duck for dinner, my first duck ever! Then we wandered around to walk off a giant dinner for about two hours. Came back to the apartments, picked everyone else up that had to take their missing luggage back, and then went out to a local pub to get a taste for the atmosphere here.







Overall it was a good day and exploring was definitely the best part!

No comments:

Post a Comment