Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 6: Second Day of Classes

So, after having a relaxing evening last night it made today go by a little bit easier without as much tiredness. I think that the jet lag is all gone the only terrible thing I think that I have come across is possibly caffeine withdrawl. Terrible sounding I know! I never really thought that I drank a lot of caffeine but I cannot come up with anything else to explain my afternoon headache.

But anyways, today was Anglo-Irish Literature and that was very interesting although, our teacher had to wisper because she was losing her voice so that made it a bit interesting. Then we had Irish Economics. I thought that the economics was going to be very interesting but it was much different than i expected... even though I am not sure what I expected. I have taken micro and macro economics before and neither were too tough for me, but both very interesting. This class seemed to be a mixture of history, politics and the economic ups and downs of Ireland.

I think that up until this class I never realized how much I didn't know about certain topics even after living in the states I may have not been exposed to them as much when it comes to religious issues or some of the information on wars involving the U.S. ( I was never really one for history). But the classes overall were very interesting.
As we all joked, for Ireland being such a "green" place they certainly gave us A LOT of handouts for classes. I think i have a whole book to bring back with me. I don't know what I am going to do with all of it after this.

But anyways, after that we came back to the apartment to relax a bit and then took a stroll to Phoenix Park which is about a 15 min walk from our place. It unfortunately was not as sunny as yesterday this afternoon, but it was good out there for about an hour and then we decided to call it a night. We came back, made some dinner and now it is time to catch up on school work. I already have a paper due monday and one due next friday! wow!

Wish me luck!
-Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment